Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Charge!

Since I have battery packs now I need a way to charge them. So I got the charger mounted tonight:





I chose this location because I wanted the weight up front to help with weight distribution. It is also next to the battery terminals at the charger making the cable run short. I also wanted to place it on the passenger side to offset some of my weight as I will be driving it to work sans passenger most of the times.





I went with the Manzanita Micro PFC20. I could have gone with the cheaper Chinese made Elcon but I wanted a made in the USA quality unit and the capability of adjusting the current draw on the fly. We have seen great improvements in controllers (i.e. Evnetics) but this charger really seems right out of the 90's. For my relatively small pack 20amp max is plenty though if I got that PFC60 I could recharge from my morning commute in less then 30 minutes. :) I have something special in mind for the charge port but more on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment