Saturday, July 14, 2012

DIY A123 modules ready to go

Now that I am back stateside I took the afternoon to build the final version of my modules.


 I made up some quick templates to crank out new cooling fins that look a lot more professional then Rev 0.




...I also made up new end plates and end bars...


...and replaced the end cables with .25" all thread...

 So in short I remade everything but the cells from before. :)  The result is a module design that I am finally happy with and can easily made with pretty basic hand tools cheap and quickly.  I'd say once the cells were ready (tested, destickered and 2 hole punched) I took me about 4-8 hours to assemble 250 cells into modules.

I dry fit the modules in the back of the Miata so I can start on the mounting brackets.



3 modules get installed here where the fuel tank used to be and a 4th one get's installed up front where the radiator used to hang.

Next up is the mounting brackets for the modules and installing the BMS.  Assuming I don't have to suddenly  leave the continent for work again those items shouldn't take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment