Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mark II module

The original module design has undergone another change to improve the end plates. I went back to a previous design that uses nice thick 3/8" aluminium plates. I had originally try to keep things as DIY friendly as possible so I used .120" sheet and the L angles. The problems is the sheet is not stiff enough and doesn't do a very good job of distributing the force over the whole face of the cell and I worry if could lead to premature cell failure. Going to 3 channels makes it better but still not as good as I would like So I am getting quotes on having the plates CNC'd.





I hope to have the parts in a week or two and will update from there. If anyone else is interested in getting in on my CNC order let me know.



In the mean time I am installing my BMS and should have pics of that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment